Thursday, January 15, 2009

85th Annual MCA Women's Bonspiel - Competitive Division

I was thinking that my competitive curling season had come to a thudding halt when I get a call over the holidays to spare in, what would be known in Ottawa as the Last Chance Bonspiel. In Winnipeg they have two bonspiels that qualify you a spot to Provincials. This is the last chance / bonspiel for a competitive team that didn't successfully make it out of there zone to compete at the provincials in Neepawa MB in February.
Tracey Lavery, who spared for us in our very first spiel of the season for Joelle has asked me to spare for them this weekend. I enjoyed playing with her then and am very much looking forward to playing with her competitively this weekend.
Competition will be tough, and it will be an adjustment for her team as well as for me playing together this weekend. I suppose the important part of it all is that Tracey has seen me throw already and so it shouldn't be too much of an adjustment for her. I'll be taking my spot at second on her team and will give it my all.
Wish us luck! I'll keep you posted. :)

No comments: