Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Ola! From Bilbao Spain!!

Hi everyone,
This is the first chance I´ve had to update the blog since we left from MB.  The flight to Manchester was very long and very exhausting. I forgot how resilient you are when you´re a kid.  Dad and I did a lot sleeping when we got to Widnes. Mom struggled but is a trooper nonetheless.
Saturday and Sunday we did a bit of shopping and I managed to get in a run.  That was a tough, but glad I got ut there.  Ate the standard fish and chips and NO to Sloppy peas.  GROSS! But I did force myself to try some other kind of peas that were literally neon green. NO JOKE! 
So the journey begins.  Dad and I walked about 45 minutes from the bus station to the hostel we´re at right now. You know I thought Montreal was the city that never slept, but you should see all the joggers out at 10pm at night here in Bilbao.  Mind you I can´t blame them it´s absolutely beautiful country side even in the dark.  They have a bridge that cars, cable cars, bicycles and pathways to accomodate everyone.  No one runs into anyone or has to ring a bell to get people out of the way..it´s absolutely amazing!  The one thing I´m struggling with is having to muscle my way in lines.  If there´s the smallest of gaps between you and the person ahead, people will step in there without worry.  I think it´s a Canadian thing that we stand about 5 feet back from someone getting a ticket of some sort out of common courtesy.  Well hell no you don´t do that here or in ´jolly´old England.  Oh and for the record..they ain´t as jolly as they are assumed.  I will sensor my opinion at this point as my 2nd cousin who lives there and has been spending a lot of time with us driving us around and such will be reading this.  She´s great though! Love ya SUE!!
I think that is about it at the moment.  I´ve got more details to write about and keeping a journal.  I hope everyone is well and until the next opportunity comes along to update again with pictures, dad and I should be well on our way on the Camino.
Cheers for now folks!!  Miss you all lots!!
 

No comments: