Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Leon today and a 12km and maybe an added 14km on to that?!?

Ola everyone,
Well this is my second attempt at a post. My first one was deleted somehow.
Dad and I are going to be getting into the nitty gritty tomorrow.  We did manage about 10km today to catch the bus to Leon in order to make sure that we have enough time to get to our destination Santiago. 
We collected our passports today so that when we stop in at the next town we´ll be them stamped at the cathedral.  It gets quite colorful and I will gladly show you what it looks like when I get back.
It was pretty neat today to see the country side even though it was on the bus.  The cool part of it was seeing all the Pelegrino´s out on the trail.  You could see them in the distance as the path these trekers are on sometimes runs close to the highways.  It was a hot day today at 28 degrees so they must have been just buggared by the time they reached there days destination.
Dad and I are a little fatigued due to lack of sleep.  We had an entire room full of 24 bunk beds to ourselves last night,but that didn´t drown out the noise of the street next to our window.  Tonight we´re in another room with about the same amount of bunk beds however they are all full.  I´m predicting it to be a night where ear plugs will come in handy. 
Leon is HUGE and beautiful!  What a gorgeous place to be.  The cobble stone roads and designs are immaculate.  It really is something to see!  The architecture is outstanding, so much to look at.

Wish I could load up some pictures but I haven´t had much luck.  I will keep trying. 

I hope to be as lucky as I have in the last two places I´ve stayed in now as they´ve had internet access.  I hope to give you all some more updates as I can.  For now know that this is wonderful, the weather is fantastic, the leaves are still green and for hiking 20 to 26 km a day the temperature is ideal.
We´ll see what tomorrow brings!
Dad and I have enjoyed a beer or two and I can honestly say I was drunk. Yep.  Pathetic and it wasn´t even a pint...it was more like a really generous shot.  All is good though..water is key.

For now I bit you good night! Adios amigos!
xxoo

No comments: