Monday, October 18, 2010

45 KM TO GO AND TIME TO SPARE!

I have some new updates from my daddio. I received an email from him on October 15. He's been having a wonderful trekking and had a wonderful rest in the Alberge in VILALBA. He's turned well inland now from the North route. The nest stop was BAAMONDE(picture on the right) and from there to SOBRANDO. He's got it aced. The weather has been very good no rain at all. ARZUA is well in reach after Sobrando. He's been walking with a lady from Brazil and being the avid footballer that he is reminded me that they have great football team from there. ha ha. Funny guy.

My mom received a phone call from him and informed me that he and his new friend have been doing approximately 22km a day. That being said he's quite ahead of schedule and 45km to go.

My mom and sister leave for England on Wednesday were they will be for 3 weeks. They had planned to meet up with him at the end of the trek however they may end up meeting up with him earlier at this rate.

He has confessed to being 'shattered' and when feeling this way he would hop on a bus to his next destination. Completely understandable, in my opinion. As far as I'm concerned he's moved many mountains already and set a standard that I too hope to complete in my life time.
Following in his footsteps, both the southern route and Northern route. Soon enough tracing every step he has taken.
My Dad.....my inspiration.

CURLING UPDATE #1
Team Brown curled in there first bonspiel at the Charleswood Curling Club at the end of September. We ended the round robin with a 2-3 record. We played Kim Link in our final round robin game. They were the team to beat for us as with a win we would go into a tie breaker to qualify. We took them to an extra end where both skips made fantastic shots with there last rocks. Joelle came through a curling rock sized port to sit back of the button with some hoovering from the sweepers to hold the line. Great shot! Kim had to move the shot stone back in order to win the game. She too made it through the port for the win. Good note to end on regardless of the outcome.
Next on our competitive schedule is the Manitoba Lotteries. Our first game is Friday at 3pm against Heather Nedohin from Albert. We're looking forward to it. Wish us luck!

No comments: