Wednesday, October 27, 2010

THE ADVENTURE CONTINUES

My apologies for the delay in writing, who would have thought it would take so much time to put it all together! Dad is still whooping it up in Santiago. As of Tuesday my Mom and sister have now joined him. I can only imagine the chaos they are getting into....ahh, the memories. I'm sure they'll have some more fantastic stories and experiences.

I'm going to start with a curling update. We played in the Manitoba Lotteries this past weekend held at the Fort Rouge curling club. I enjoyed myself and was very happy to run into some friends I hadn't seen in awhile. Cory (Bartel)Morris from Team Cheryl Bernard/Canadian Olympic Silver Medalists 2010 was a sight for sore eyes. I had the pleasure of a quick chat with her about all the new and exciting things going on in her life. I have missed her and glad to have reconnected. I hope to see her this weekend in Saskatoon at the Colonial Square, but am not sure if they are participating nor do I know who else is. The website has not been updated with teams or the draw.
Although we only played three games there was more to the games than the score. It was our second bonspiel playing together and regardless of the outcome every game we progressed on all levels. The team chemistry, team dynamics and unity not to mention shot making. It was a good experience and something that I really enjoyed was how the team never gave up.
This weekend we are missing our skip Joelle. Tracey will be skipping and Ainsley our fifthman will be filling in at third. Jen and I will hold down the fort in the front end. I'm looking forward to it. Though Jo won't be there as our Captain she will be there with us in spirit and pushing us on along the way. We'll be maintaining contact with her throughout the weekend with updates via text/email.
Our first game this weekend will be at 10am. Wish us luck!

On to Daddio. Email - October 24, 2010
"Went to the peregrino´s office half an hour ago to pick-up a poster. Stood outside to observe for a moment. A cyclist came out with his Compestela and his passport and stood displaying them while a young lady took his picture. As she finished a group of Chinese came out after a tour of the place. They all gathered around to see what the documents looked like. They started taking pictures of him from every angle, he was grinning from ear to ear it was wonderful to see this attention he was getting.what a wonderful moment to observe, (just loved it) take care Dad, "


Email - October 25, 2010
"Hey Lesle, by the way I never went to get my Compostela until the day after I arrived. The line-up was out into the street, and you know what I am like for line-ups. Anyway I eventually got my Compostela, and bought a tube to protect it. I went to a table to get things together, when I was finished and turned to leave a line had formed. I was making my way past the line(all young people of course) a young man put his hand on my shoulder and said Bravo senor. 'I thank you my friend.' I said.(only a very small thing that meant so much, it was all I could do to stay in control.) Coming through San Sebastian I wanted to see if I could get in to the Cathedral. Most of them seemed to be locked these days. I go to the door it was open, someone forgot to lock-up. I am in as quick as a stray dog looking for shelter. It is a massive building but not as elaborate as I would have thought. I did my usual thing found the holy water blessed myself and went down to the front to light candles for my friends and my family who I had been praying for every step of the Camino. I knelt down in a pew deep in thought. I was thinking I should try to find a priest to stamp my passport. It was then that I saw this lady in the shadows. She was organizing a mop and a broom. I thought oh god no 'The CLEANING LADY !' I was doomed I had heard her shouting in the background for a while. It took me back to work when Terry used to come into the lab to give it the once over. I walked over and asked if I could see the priest. Before I had finished and looking me straight in the eye and pointing her mop at the door she said 'OUT!' (by the way terry was an absolute angel in comparison).. Going outside the sun was bright and welcoming, I looked up at the bell tower I thought were my eyes deceiving me? Did I really see a cleaning lady flying by. screeching 'I´ll get you my pretty !'
It's amazing what go´s through one´s head when one is exposed to far to much sun. Take Care my love all my love Dad"

Well that is all I have from Dad at the moment. I would suspect that my Mom and sister are occupying most of his time. I am also quite certain that he is loving every minute showing them his love of Santiago and partying it up like a rock star...well to the best of his ability ha ha.

Here's a little something that a friend sent to me, I hope you enjoy. Talk with you soon!!
Never save something for a special occasion.
Every day in your life is a special occasion'.
Spend more time with family, and less at work.
Understood that life should be a source of experience to be lived up to, not survived through.

Each day, each hour, each minute, is special.
Live for today, for tomorrow is promised to no-one..


No comments: