Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Portomarin - Palas de Rei 23.9 km

dad and I had a great sleep last night.  our bodies are pretty beaten and sore so we decided to take a cab to Ligonde about 16km away.
We passed large groups of peregrinos, surprisingly large groups to our destination it was insane! 
the walk from Ligonde to Palas De Rei was about 10km.  I felt we were still really dragging. Another hot day and not a lot of shelter was no help.  The hills and decents really slow us down.  We arrived in Palas De Rei around 5pm tonight and will focus on having a good rest to recover the best we can.  The next walk is going to be tough 28.6km.  We´ll most likely cut that in half or bus it half way.  Again the hills are murder and really tough for dad and he hasn´t complained once.  I´ve been making him drink tons of water, something of which he doesn´t do this much, but he´s working really hard and we have to keep him hydrated.
We´ve reached the double digits in regards to what we have left to walk.  I believe we´re in the 60 kilometer range now.  Almost there and making good time.
The food and drink is so good over here.  I have lots of pictures, but alas I cannot post them.  I will when I do have the opportunity and share them.
Wishing you all well from Spain! xxoo

1 comment:

Traillady said...

Lesle - I am getting SO PUMPED reading your blog! I'm off on the Camino in March and Ray is going to join me for the last week or so. We'll get together when you and your Dad get back for an info session I hope? Take care of that old man, eh? Or is he looking after you!